Video Assignments During 2 Week Hiatus
Since we are allowed to rehearse virtually during the 2 week hiatus, students will be required to submit a video assignment on each of the dates listed below to the Google Form on the Member page of the website. Assignment topics are listed below. All assignments are due by midnight. Videos should be between 2-5 minutes, but it is recommended that you practice at least 30-60 minutes per day to maintain your endurance (you can certainly practice more if you like!).
- Saturday, August 29th
- Tuesday, September 1st
- Thursday, September 3rd
- Saturday, September 5th
- Tuesday, September 8th
- Thursday, September 10th
- Movement 1, working the tempo up from 120bpm to 144bpm (with metronome and step outs)
- Movement 1, completed sheet music with sets/counts written in and completed dot books (this should already be done, but I saw a lot of incomplete sheet music this past week)
- Movement 2, completed sheet music with sets/counts written in and completed dot books (use the drill posted on the Member page)
- Movement 2, music (correct notes, rhythms, articulations, dynamics...etc.) & memorization
- Movement 3, music (correct notes, rhythms, articulations, dynamics...etc.) & memorization
- Introduction Review (with metronome and step outs)
- Once I get drill for Movement 3, I'll send it to everyone so dot books and sheet music counts/sets can be completed
Students who do not submit assignments may need to sit out of a performance as per the Unexcused Absence portion of the WHS Marching Band Handbook.
Students who want extra help or one on one time should reach out to me to set up an appointment on Zoom.