9/6 - 9/10 Weekly Schedule
Tuesday, 9/6 - First Day of School Pep Band (for WHS students only)
You will be excused from Homeroom (and Period 0 if you have that class in your schedule).
- 6:30am - Mr. Kuntz will let you into the building through the theater entrance. The doors need to remain locked, so please be on time! Immediately go to the band room and start warming up on your own.
- 6:40am, Ensemble warm up exercises (battery be prepared to warm up on pads), Tune, Run through a few pep tunes.
- 7:05am, Walk to the front of the school and set up, ready to play, maybe play a song or two
- 7:15am, Students are typically let off the buses and into the building
- Once we're done performing, students will go back to the Band room to clean up and will immediately report to homeroom/period 1.
This week’s rehearsals
- Tuesday, 9/6 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm) [Band Parent Meeting at 7:30pm in HS Band Room]
- Thursday, 9/8 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
Friday, 9/9 - Away Football Game at Millville Memorial HS
- Parents, if you plan on attending, make sure you type in Millville Memorial High School into Google Maps. It's a different location than Millville Senior High School.
- 4:10pm - Report to HS (wear your blue member shirt, eat dinner before you come, you will not be able to eat a snack until 3rd quarter).
- 4:15pm – Load Trailer/Buses
- 4:30pm - Depart WHS
- 5:15pm - Arrive at Millville Memorial HS
- 6pm - Game Starts
- 8:30pm – Approximate game end
- 8:45pm - Depart Millville
- 9:30pm – Approximate Return to WHS
- 10pm - Approximate Dismissal
Saturday, 9/10 - Rehearsal (Our last long Saturday rehearsal before the Home Show!)
- 9am - 12pm - Rehearse on practice field/in stadium. Be ready to learn NEW Drill!
- 12pm - 1pm - Lunch
- 1pm - 4pm - Rehearse on practice field/ in stadium
- 4pm until we're finished - Practice loading the trailer (at the football stadium) with all of the battery instruments, pit equipment, and props at the end of rehearsal. All percussionists, students with trailer responsibilities, and interested parents should attend.
*Students that are not involved with loading the trailer will clean up and walk back to the high school with the other staff. After their items are cleaned up they are dismissed.
Upcoming rehearsals and performances
- Tuesday, 9/13 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
- Thursday, 9/15 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
- Friday, 9/16 - Home Football Game vs. Lenape HS (Senior Night) (Report time TBD, but probably around 4:30pm so we can rehearse some new pep tunes before changing into uniforms). Parents escorting seniors should be prepared to meet at the football stadium around 6:15pm, more info coming soon.
*Please consider signing up to help work the concession stands (entire game) or equipment moving (during half time performance). Senior parents should be able to enjoy senior night, so we'll need no parent help! Here's the sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=c.SignUpSearch&eid=0DC6C1DEF9CEFC67&cs=09B7BAD98FCC8B107B0664725BB59BC9&sortby=l.title
- Saturday, 9/17 - Home Show Competition! (9am - 10pm. It's a long day, be proactive when planning! Specific information coming next week)
*Please consider signing up to help volunteer during the Home Show! This is our biggest fundraiser of the school year and we need a lot more help! Here's the sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=c.SignUpSearch&eid=0DC6C1DEF9CEFC67&cs=09B7BAD98FCC8B107B0664725BB59BC9&sortby=l.title