9/12 - 9/16 Weekly Schedule
Updated: Sep 15
This week’s rehearsals
- Tuesday, 9/12 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Friday, 9/15 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
Thursday, 9/14 - Away Football at Lenape HS (235 Hartford Rd, Medford, NJ 08055)
*Wear your blue polo (or member shirt if you don't have a polo). Eat dinner before you arrive, you will not be able to eat a snack until halftime.
- 4:30pm, Report to HS & Practice Pep Tunes
- 5:20pm, Load Equipment onto Pick Up Truck and Buses
- 5:35pm, Depart WHS on buses (45 min bus ride)
- 6:20pm, Arrive at Lenape HS
- 7pm, Game Starts
- Halftime - We will watch Lenape Band's performance, then students will be allowed to use the bathrooms and eat a snack provided by the Band Parents.
- 9:30pm – Approximate game end
- 9:45pm – Depart Lenape HS
- 10:30pm, Approximate Return to WHS
- 10:45pm - Approximate Dismissal (after clean up)
Saturday, 9/16 - Home Show Competition!
- 9:15am - Report to High School for attendance and to gather all equipment and uniforms needed for the entire day (you do not have to wear your tour shirt to rehearsal if you're going to want to change during lunch break)
- 10am-1pm - Morning Rehearsal Block in the Football Stadium
1. Help clean up around the stadium (bleachers, concessions...etc. if needed before the other bands arrive)
2. Store all equipment and uniforms in the Middle School Gym
3. Lunch (need to bring your own lunch)
4. Change into 2023 Tour Shirts (if not already wearing it). Students hosting other Bands should change into their uniform.
- 3:15pm - Competition starts and the first band performs at 3:30pm. All students are either in the stands watching the other groups perform or helping the band parents with hosting. Here is a link to the other bands performing.
Students are not allowed to leave the school. Students should not hang out in the Middle School gym without supervision. Students may purchase concessions throughout the competition. The last band everyone is allowed to watch is Pleasantville HS at 4:30pm.
- 5pm - Dinner. The Band Parents are providing Pizza, Chips, and Water for all students. You can bring dinner if would rather eat something else. Please reach out to Mr. Kuntz if you have any dietary restrictions.
- 5:45pm - Get changed into Uniforms, Bathrooms, Travel to Warm Up area
- 6:45pm - Visual & Music Warm Up
- 8pm - Williamstown performance
- 8:30pm - Awards
- 10:30pm - Approximate Pick Up at the High School after changing out of uniforms, clean up at the stadium, and clean up at the high school
*Please consider signing up to help volunteer during the Home Show! This is our biggest fundraiser of the school year and we need a lot more help! Here's the sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=c.SignUpSearch&eid=0DC6C1DEF9CEFC67&cs=09B7BAD98FCC8B107B0664725BB59BC9&sortby=l.title
Upcoming rehearsals and performances
- Tuesday, 9/19 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Thursday, 9/21 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Friday, 9/22 - Home Football game vs Washington Township HS. Homecoming! Game starts at 7pm. We will perform at 6:30pm during pregame due to the half time Homecoming ceremony. Tentative report 4:30pm.
- Saturday, 9/23 - NJMBDA Competition at Clearview HS (Williamstown performance time TBD. Awards TBD. More information coming soon).