8/22 - 8/27 Weekly Schedule
For those that are new to Marching Band, every Monday/Tuesday I put together a weekly schedule so everyone knows what to expect for the upcoming week's rehearsals and performances. Typically I send this out by Monday evening/Tuesday morning because sometimes competition performance times are not assigned in advance.
This week’s rehearsals
- Tuesday, 8/22 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Thursday, 8/24 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
Friday, 8/25 - Home Football vs Atlantic City High School
- 5pm - Report to HS & Practice National Anthem and Pep Tunes (Wear your blue polo or member shirt if you don't have one, we will not be changing into uniforms. Eat dinner before you arrive, you will not be able to eat a snack until halftime).
- 6:15pm - Depart for Stadium
- 7pm - Game Starts
- Halftime - We will not be performing during halftime. Students will be allowed to eat a snack provided by the Band Parents during halftime.
- 9:30pm – Approximate game end
- 9:45pm – Approximate Return to WHS
- 10pm - Approximate Dismissal (after clean up)
Saturday, 8/26 - Rehearsal (9am - 4pm)
- 8am - Leadership Workshop for anyone interested in earning a spot on the leadership team in the future.
- 8:30am - Everyone Report to HS to load tractor for rehearsal (please eat breakfast before you arrive, you will not be able to eat until the late lunch break).
- 9am - Rehearsal Begins at Practice Field
- 12pm - Lunch Break
- 1pm - Uniform Etiquette and Care session.
- 2pm/2:30pm - Rehearsal Resumes at Practice Field
- 4pm - Rehearsal Ends.
- 4pm until we're finished - Practice loading the trailer (at the football stadium) with all of the battery instruments, pit equipment, and props at the end of rehearsal. All percussionists, and students with trailer responsibilities should attend.
*Students that are not involved with loading the trailer will clean up and walk back to the high school with the other staff. After their items are cleaned up they are dismissed.
Sunday, 8/27 - AMP Spin Clinic (12:30pm - 5pm)
For more information, please visit the AMP website: https://www.ampgrp.org/williamstown-spin-clinic_2023.html
Upcoming rehearsals and performances
- Tuesday, 8/29 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Thursday, 8/31 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Friday, 9/1 - Away Football Game at Kingsway HS (Report time TBD. We will rehearse pep tunes before the game)
- Saturday, 9/2 - No Rehearsal! Enjoy your Labor Day weekend and your final days of summer vacation!
- Tuesday, 9/5 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report)
- Wednesday, 9/6 - First Day of School! - Pep Band Performs at 7:15am as all students walk into the building (6:30am report at theater entrance, more information coming soon).
- Thursday, 9/7 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm, 5:15pm report) & Band Parent Meeting (8pm in HS Band Room)