10/26 - 10/30 Weekly Schedule
Updated: Oct 28, 2021
This week’s rehearsals/events
- Tuesday, 10/26 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
- Thursday, 10/28 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
CANCELLED - Friday, 10/29 - Away Football Game at Ocean City HS
- This game has been postponed to Saturday. The Marching Band will not be attending the football game due to our competition. There is no rehearsal. Enjoy the night off!
Saturday, 10/30 - TOB NJ States at Cherokee HS
- 10:30am - Rehearsal begins in the parking lot
- 1pm - Load the trailer, Eat (bring dinner. This will be the last time you will be able to eat until after our performance), and Dress (Wear your 2021 Leonardo tour shirt).
- 2:40pm - Depart WHS
- 5:45pm - Performance at Cherokee HS
- 8:30pm - Awards
- 10pm - Approximate Return to WHS.
Upcoming rehearsals and performances
- Tuesday, 11/2* - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm) [Band Parent Meeting at 8pm in Band room/cafeteria]
- Thursday, 11/4* - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
*Keep in mind, there is no school on these days
Friday, 11/5 - Playoff Football Game TBD
Saturday, 11/6 - Student traditions & Rehearsal at Football Stadium (all times below are still tentative)
11am, tentative report time for Senior Speeches, Slideshow, and Group Activities (eat breakfast before you arrive and wear your 2021 Band Camp section shirts)
12:30pm, load trailers
12:50pm, walk over to football field
1pm-1:30pm, Rehearsal begins
3:45pm, break (bring a snack!)
4pm, Send off performance for family and friends in the football stadium
4:15pm, pack the trailer for tomorrow’s competition at the stadium. We will not have time to pack the next morning.
5:15pm, approximate dismissal after walking back to the high school
Sunday, 11/7 - TOB ACC’s in Harrisburg, PA!
4:45am, Report time (still TBD depending on how many rest stops we need to take) - The Band Parents are providing muffins/breakfast bars as a snack on the bus, but students should bring breakfast with them for a sufficient breakfast.
5am, depart WHS
We will be making 1-2 stops at rest stops. The first one about half way through the trip for bathrooms and stretching (not to purchase food). The second one is when we get closer to our destination to change into uniforms and final bathroom use before our performance. (The only bathrooms available are inside the stadium).
8:35am, Arrive at Central Dauphin Middle School
10:45am, Performance time
The Band Parents are providing sandwiches and pizza for lunch for the students after their performance. Students need to fill out the ACCs 2021 Lunch Order Google Form by Friday, 10/29
Awards at 1:45pm
Approximate Return to WHS at 6:15pm
Holiday Tour, Playoff Football, and Winter/Spring Ensembles!
- Friday, 11/12 - Holiday Tour Rehearsal and Playoff Football TBD. If there is no Playoff Football game, we will still rehearse for the Holiday Tour. Time TBD
- Friday, 11/19 - Holiday Tour Rehearsal and Playoff Football TBD. If there is no Playoff Football game, we will still rehearse for the Holiday Tour. Time TBD
- Tuesday, 11/30 - Holiday Tour!
- Thursday, 12/2 - Holiday Tour (Rain Date)
- Saturday, 12/4 - West Cape May Christmas Parade (Parade typically begins at 5pm. Times TBD)
- Sunday, 12/5 - West Cape May Christmas Parade (Rain Date)
- Monday, 5/30 - Monroe Township Memorial Day Parade (all current Marching Band members are expected to march in the parade. Rehearsals and Times TBD
Tuesday, 11/16 - Interest Meeting (need a minimum of 18 students to run a traditional indoor percussion ensemble with marching battery and pit percussion
Thursday, 11/18 - Clinic/ Workshop
Tuesday, 11/23 - Clinic/Workshop
Thursday, 12/2 - Auditions (if no holiday tour rain date)
Tuesday, 12/7 - Auditions
Thursday, 12/9 - Auditions (if not held on 12/2)
Monday, 11/15 - Interest Meeting