10/25 - 10/30 Weekly Schedule
Updated: Oct 27
This week’s rehearsals
- Tuesday, 10/25 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
- Thursday, 10/27 - Rehearsal (6pm - 9pm)
Friday, 10/28 - Playoff Football Game at Cherokee HS
*Eat dinner before you arrive. You will not be able to eat a snack until 3rd quarter. You do not need to wear your blue member shirt since we will wear them on Saturday.
- 4:10pm – Report for attendance
- 4:15pm - Load the Trailer and Buses
- 4:30pm - Depart for Cherokee HS
- 5:15pm - Arrive at Cherokee HS
- 6pm - Game starts
- 8:30pm - Approximate game end
- 8:45pm - Approximate load buses
- 9:30pm - Approximate return to WHS
- 9:45pm - Approximate dismissal
Saturday, 10/29 - TOB State Championships at Barnegat HS
*Wear/bring your blue member shirt and eat breakfast before you arrive.
- 7:15am - Report for Attendance, Senior Speeches*, Slideshow, and Group Activity.
*Seniors, please try to keep each speech to 5 minutes maximum
- 9:15am - Rehearsal begins at the practice field/ in the stadium
Students will be given 15-20min to change into uniforms at the end of rehearsal.
- 11:15am - Performance for Friends and Family in uniforms!
- 11:30am - Pack trailers at the Middle School
- 12:15pm - The Band Parents have offered to cook hot dogs, hamburgers, and cheese steaks for lunch! (Thank you Band Parents!). We will eat lunch in the stadium bleachers because the Band Parents will use the concession stand to cook everything. Please let Mr. Kuntz know if you have any dietary restrictions. You can bring your own dinner if you like.
- 1pm - Walk back to the High School to finish changing into uniforms/gather any other equipment
- 1:30pm - Depart WHS
- 2:45pm - Arrive at Barnegat HS
- 5pm - Performance
We will pack the trucks after our performance. Students may bring money for concessions if there is time after packing up the equipment.
- 7pm - Awards
- 8pm - Approximate departure time
- 9:15pm - Approximate Return to WHS
- 9:30pm - Approximate Dismissal after clean up (students need to hang up uniforms and make sure the Band room is clean before dismissal). We will not unload the props or instruments. They will remain on the trucks over night.
*Please consider signing up to help load/unload trucks and move equipment on/off the field for our performance! Here's the sign up link. Sign ups will be available soon.
All Tickets for Saturday's Competition will be on sale at the door. The cost is: $15 for Adults, $10 for Students & Senior Citizens, and Children 5 & Under are Free
Sunday, 10/30 - NJMBDA State Championships at TCNJ (The College of New Jersey)
*Wear your grey 2022 The Main Event tour shirt and eat breakfast before you arrive. Also, bring a non-messy snack to eat on the bus if you like. You will not be able to eat a snack until after our performance
- 6:45am - Report for attendance and change into uniforms
- 7:05am - Depart WHS
- 8:35am - Arrive at TCNJ
- 10:55am - Performance
We will pack the trucks after our performance. Students may bring money for concessions after packing up the equipment.
- 3:50pm - Awards
- 5:15pm - Approximate departure time
- 6:45pm - Approximate Return to WHS
- 7:15pm - Approximate Dismissal after clean up (students need to unload trucks, hang up uniforms, and make sure the Band room is clean before dismissal).
*New Parents are needed to help load/unload the trucks and to move equipment on/off the field for our final performance! Please consider signing up to help so our Senior Parents can watch their children in their final performance. Here's the sign up link. Sign ups will be available soon.
Click here to purchase tickets. Tickets can only be purchased online. No tickets will be available for cash sales at the event.
Upcoming rehearsals and performances
- If Sunday's NJMBDA competition is rained out we will rehearse on Tuesday, 11/1 from 6pm - 9pm [BPA Meeting at 7:30pm in the High School Band room]
- Thursday, 11/3 - No Rehearsal. Go support the Fall Play!
- Friday, 11/4 - Holiday Tour Parade Rehearsal & Playoff Football Game TBD
If it's a home game, please consider signing up to help work the concession stand! Here's the sign up link.
- Saturday, 11/5 - Rehearsal TBD. Only needed if Sunday's NJMBDA competition is rained out.
- Sunday, 11/6 - NJMBDA State Championships Rain Date at Wayne Valley High School. Call time 6am. Performance at 10:55am. Awards at 3:50pm.
TCNJ tickets will be honored at the rain-date site if necessary.
Looing Further Ahead
- Participate in Indoor Percussion, Indoor Color Guard, and Jazz Ensemble! Read the information on this Google Form.
- Friday, 11/11 - Holiday Tour Parade Rehearsal & Playoff Football Game TBD
- Monday, 11/14 - Jazz Ensemble Interest Meeting, 2:30pm
- Tuesday, 11/15 - Indoor Percussion & Indoor Color Guard Interest Meetings, 6pm at High School
- Wednesday, 11/16 - Wind Ensemble and Concert Band Fall Concert, 6pm at High School
- Friday, 11/18 - Holiday Tour Parade Rehearsal & Playoff Football Game TBD
- Tuesday, 11/29 - Holiday Tour
- Thursday, 12/1 - Holiday Tour Rain Date
- Saturday, 12/3 - Salem Christmas Parade & West Cape May Christmas Parade
- Sunday, 12/4 - West Cape May Christmas Parade Rain Date